TOBACCO UNIT of Dr. Gastone Zucchiatti
Stop smoking accompanied by Dr. Gastone Zucchiatti, a medical specialist who will guide you through the process.
What does the first session include
- Complete medical examination
- Personalized clinical history, includes medical history and personal and family history
- Assessment test of the degree of dependency
- Motivation test for smoking cessation
- Measurement of the degree of oxygen in the body
- Delivery of personalized treatment
What the following sessions include
- Control of physical and mental health status
- Personalized treatment and adaptation of this if necessary
- Monitoring the evolution of therapy
- Measurement of oxygen saturation for assessment of patient improvement
- Monitoring of pharmacological tools personalized to each case
Duration of therapy quit smoking
On average, patients manage to quit the habit in approximately 2 months and 4/5 successive sessions.
*The sessions and the timing will depend on the evolution of each person.
- Possibility of assistance from a clinical psychologist if necessary.
- Free contact to answer questions during medical therapy.
Price of sessions
- 1st consultation € 120 Buy Online
- Successive visit € 85 Buy Online
- Successive visit -Special price for mutual insureds (*) - € 65
(*) Mutuals that enjoy the discount
DKV – ADESLAS - AGRUPACIÓ MÚTUA – ALIANÇA – ALLIANZ - AME ASISTENCIA MÉDICA – ANTARES - ASEFA SEGUROS – ASISA - ASSISTÈNCIA SANITÀRIA - ATLÀNTIDA ASSEGURANÇES MÈDIQUES 1927 – AXA - CAIXA DE PREVISIÓ - ENERGIA BARCELONA - CASER SEGUROS – CIGNA - CLINICUM SALUT – CATALANA OCCIDENTE SEGUROS – COSALUD GRUPO CATALANA OCCIDENTE – DIVINA PASTORA SEGUROS – DKV SEGUROS MÉDICOS – EMBL EBI – FIATC SEGUROS – FONSALUT MÚTUA PREVISORA BARCELONA – GENERALI – HNA – I.S.S.A. – MAPFRE – MGC MUTUA – MEDIFIATC – MUTUAL SALUD – MEPS MUTUALITAT EVANGÈLICA DE PREVISIÓ SOCIAL – PLUS ULTRA SEGUROS – SANITAS – SEGUROS BILBAO – LATINA SEGUROS – SHARED CARE – VITAL SEGURO
Hours and location of the Smoking Unit
Thursday and Friday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Clinica Creu Blanca Av. Foix 71 08034 Barcelona Floor 0 (medical consultations)
About Dr. Gastone Zucchiati
Tobacco Expert, treats in his office the damage caused by tobacco and offers advice to quit smoking, we will also find him passing General Medicine consultation and in the Creu Blanca Emergency Service.
See here his complete CV.
Why quit smoking
More than 8 million people die from tobacco every year in the world. (one)
In Spain it causes more than 50,000 deaths a year and represents 13% of the total annual deaths. (2)
And in other countries like the United States, tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death, with more than 480,000 deaths annually. (3)
Smoking kills half of its users, according to the WHO.
Among the main diseases is cancer. Tobacco could cause up to 33% of tumors globally, and is responsible for up to 22 percent of cancer deaths. (4)
Lung cancer is the most widespread among active and passive smokers. (6) However, there are around 15 types of cancer that are also associated with tobacco use, such as that of the larynx, bladder, mouth, esophagus, liver and bile ducts, and stomach, among others.
Despite these alarming figures, in the May 2020 report, 'Cancer figures in Spain' (7), oncologists observe a certain “slow, but continuous” global trend towards a decrease in the incidence of cancer-related tumors. tobacco due to the decrease of this habit among men in recent years. In contrast, this incidence continues to increase in women.
And as for the interest in quitting smoking ...
About 70% of current smokers say they would like to quit smoking. (5) Far from being easy, overcoming addiction usually requires several attempts.
Reference clinical studies
(1) (4) Organización Mundial de la Salud (OMS) https://www.who.int/es/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/tobacco (2)(6) Asociación Española Contra El Cáncer (AECC) https://www.aecc.es/sites/default/files/content-file/Informe-tabaquisimo-cancer-20182.pdf (3)(5) Food and Drug Administration (FDA) https://www.fda.gov/consumers/articulos-en-espanol/verdad-o-mito-lo-que-debe-saber-sobre-como-dejar-de-fumar-y-los-medicamentos-de-ayuda (7) Sociedad Española de Oncología Médica (SEOM) https://seom.org/dmcancer/cifras-del-cancer/