Dr. Guillem Pons Lladó
- Specialty: Cardiology
- Collegiate number: 9210
- Activity that performs: Cardiology Consultations
Doctor of Medicine and Cardiology Specialist with a long professional career.
He is an expert in Non-Invasive Imaging Diagnosis, including Echocardiography, Magnetic Cardio-Resonance and Cardio-Computed Tomography, and is currently Director of the Cardiac Imaging Units of the Hospital de Sant Pau and Cardiodiagnosis-Clinica Creu Blanca, Barcelona.
- Internal Medical Resident of the Cardiology Service of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, by Competition-Opposition (1977-1981)
- Staff Cardiologist of the Cardiology Service of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, in Barcelona from 1981 to the present, as Head of the Echocardiography Section initially, and as Director of the Cardiac Imaging Unit since its constitution, in 2005.
- Director of Cardiodiagnosis-Creu Blanca Clinic in Barcelona, from 2003 to the present
- Consultant Cardiologist in Echocardiography and Cardio-Magnetic Resonance of the Corachán Clinic in Barcelona, since 1983 and 1992, respectively
- Cardiologist Consultant in Cardio-Magnetic Resonance of the Hospital Quirón Palmaplanas, Palma de Mallorca, since 2007
- Specialist in Cardiology from the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Expert in Echocardiography, Cardio-Magnetic Resonance and Cardio-Computed Tomography
Charges in public organizations
- President of the Cardio-Magnetic Resonance Working Group of the Spanish Society of Cardiology (1995-1998)
- Founding member of the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (1997)
- Member of the Congress Program Committee of the European Society of Cardiology (2011-2012)
Outstanding academic achievements
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Barcelona (1974)
- Doctor of Medicine from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (2001)
- Accredited member of the CMR Working Group of the European Society of Cardiology for studies of Cardio-Magnetic Resonance (2003)
- Fellow of The American Heart Association (2007)
- Associate Professor of the Department of Medicine of the Autonomous University of Barcelona (1983-1993)
- Coordinator of the Master in Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Techniques in Cardiology, from the Autonomous University of Barcelona from the 2011-12 academic year to the present.
- Organizer of the Intensive Training Course in Cardio-RM and Cardio-CT, accredited as a Continuous Training activity by the Spanish Society of Cardiology, from 2011 to the present.
Publications and Conferences
- Author or co-author of more than 100 scientific articles in national and international media, and speaker at more than 200 conferences given in Spain and in 14 other countries in Europe and America
Spanish, Catalan, English